Friday, May 25, 2012

Nursery Basket Makeover

We are officially published today for adoption!!!  We are so excited!  We have also been thinking lately that we need to take the time we have right now to start preparing for when we get our sweet little baby someday (we won't have the normal 9 months to get stuff done, we have no idea when it will happen.)  I've been working on sewing the decor for the nursery and last night we bought a beautiful crib.  I love it!  I'll post pictures as we get things set up.
We are doing the nursery in lime green and gray.  We will leave it this way if we have a boy, and we will add some pink and girly blue to it if we have a girl.  It is going to be modern and super cute.  The only decor I have finished so far is a basket remodel for the changing table.  My sister-in-law has given me so many baby things and I've had fun remaking them to fit our style.  So here is a picture of our new gray baskets!
This is a before and after.  Don't they feel more modern already?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don’t mind us commenting on your blog. Amy and Gavin were our neighbors before they left us to go to the small family town. Amy and Gavin were newly weds and we were struggling with infertility. When Amy got pregnant I was so happy. She was so kind and gentle knowing that we were having some major struggles.

    Our first kiddo has some major disabilities and Gavin and Amy were always so so kind to him. Gavin came over every day that we were outside and talked to Tyler. Amy always gave him a hug. Those were things that as a mother of a child of special needs needed. They didn’t know how much those meant to us.

    Amy and Gavin, I pray for you guys all the time. I pray that somewhere out there is a baby, that is yours and some very brave young women is willing to give you the gift of life. You both deserve it. And to the young women, you are a hero to those of us who love someone who was adopted and our hearts, prayers and thoughts are with you in your difficult but rewarding choice.

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete

About Me

This blog is all about our desires to start our family. So far it hasn't worked out for us. We did get pregnant back in 2009. I only carried it for 10 weeks. We have had no luck since then. Gavin and I have always been very pro adoption. So here we are. We were chosen by an amazing, sweet young woman, she chose us right after finding out that she was pregnant. We loved her so much. But sadly she lost the baby when she was 16 weeks along. So we are still waiting for that special baby to come into our home. We wanted to start this blog to help you get to know us a bit better. I just think that it's different seeing a blog rather than just reading a profile. Enjoy! And don't be afraid to leave comments!